Sunday, August 28, 2011

Kards for Kids continued

So I managed to get some more cards done for the Kards for Kids program. All Halloween cards except for one Thanksgiving card:


I love this card!!! It uses the Beware of Pirates set that retired this year. I just had to order this one as my son is a big fan of Jack from the Pirates of the Caribbean. He had to ask me if that was Jack on this card.


This card uses the Haunted Forest a la carte stamp from the upcoming Holiday Mini. A la carte stamps are a great way to get a special occasion stamp. Some sponging gives this card the various shades of colour.



This two cards were CASEd from the upcoming Holiday mini and use the Out on a Limb stamp set. Such a cute set and very versatile.


This Thanksgiving card is made using the French Foliage stamp set. Love the fall colours.


Finally, I prepared a couple of altered mini notebooks for the parents to use for medical information, if needed. These notebooks use the Faith in Nature hostess set. One of my favourite hostess sets in the new catalogue.

All of these projects presented a challenge for me in that I was not able to use embellishments of any kind. You all know how much I like my bling so this was really hard!! Challenges are good though and forced me to come up with other ways to add texture and interest to the cards. Now I need to work on some fall home decor to decorate my entrance way. After that, I really need to start working on projects for the local Farmer's Market and upcoming craft shows. Hopefully once school starts I can dedicate more time to my crafting. I'm excited to get working on my crafts but extremely sad that summer is over.

Thanks for stopping by.

Pat

1 comment:

  1. Wow Pat, these look great! Thank you so much for doing this with me! I can't wait for the cards to get there! I love the techniques you used on them. I don't even miss the bling!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment to let me know you were here.