Saturday, March 5, 2011

Baja bender

In my last post I mentioned I had been dreaming stamping dreams that seemed to focus on Baja Breeze glass glitter and Baja Breeze seam binding ribbon. Well tonight, or this morning I guess it is now, I woke up at 1:49 am and could not go back to sleep. Some of my best ideas for projects seem to come to me at night and that seemed to be what happened this time. Of course, with all of the excitement of these creative ideas, I could not go back to sleep. So finally at 2:20 am I crept down to my stamping space and went on a BENDER - a Baja Breeze Bender!! For this card I only used the Baja Breeze glass glitter and not the seam binding ribbon. That beautiful ribbon was used on another card that we will be doing for club this Wednesday. Here is my Baja Breeze card:




The stamp set used for this card was the Easter Blossoms set in the Occasions Mini. The card base is Baja Breeze, of course, stamped with the cherry blossoms in Baja Breeze. Layered on top is a piece of whisper white cut with the Big Shot using the Oval Scallop Frame die. This die cuts two pieces, the centre oval and the scallop frame. Using the Big Shot again, I put the scallop frame in the Petals-a-Plenty embossing folder. Some sponged Baja Breeze ink on the frame makes the flowers pop. The little girl was stamped with Baja Breeze ink on the centre oval with the sending spring smiles sentiment. Baja Breeze glass glitter was adhered to the edges of the oval using Tombow glue. I love using sticky strip with the glass glitter but this is not really convenient unless you are glittering in a straight line. The centre oval was popped up with dimensionals.

So now it is 6:00 am and I really do feel like I have been on a bender!!! I did manage to get a lot done though - an Easter card and a Bliss scrap page have been my accomplishments in the last few hours. One more project to prepare for club and I'm golden. I seem to be having trouble making things straight so there are some drawbacks to these late night stamping sessions. :)

Check in again soon as I will post the club projects after Wednesday. Thanks for stopping by. Take care.

Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment to let me know you were here.