Friday, September 9, 2011

Always Thankful

I think I have made the last thank you card for another get well gift received by my husband. The Always Thankful set in the Holiday Mini was the perfect set for some of my thank you cards and it works well for Thanksgiving cards. Here is a card made using the pear stamp in the set:


Appropriately the layered card stock used is the pear pizzazz from last year's in colours. The base is soft suede card stock. The image is stamped with basic black on water colour paper and coloured in using a blender pen and pear pizzazz ink and soft suede ink. I also added a little more mustard to give some dimension to the pears. I really like the combination of soft suede with the pear pizzazz. Grateful was stamped on very vanilla card stock and accented with a glimmer brad and lace ribbon. The pear pizzazz layer was embossed using the Big Shot and the new stripes embossing folder. I am seriously addicted to embossing folders. It seems that no card is complete unless at least one layer has been embossed!!

That's all I have for now. The weekend will be busy as I will be a vendor at the Collage Culture Festival on Saturday and Sunday. I have a booth near the stage so I will be able to take in all of the entertainment. It's going to be a good time!! Next week is our first night of Stamp Club so I will post our club projects after Wednesday's meeting.

Thanks for stopping by.

Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment to let me know you were here.