Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

I'm obviously hooked on the Sweet Cake stamp set from the Occasions Mini. Here are two more cards using this set:


This card uses a melon mambo card base. The scallop framed oval was done in two parts. The center oval uses melon mambo DSP from the patterns pack and is framed with whisper white embossed with the polka dot embossing folder. A little bit of melon mambo ink was sponged on the embossed dots to make them pop a little. A tiny fork bow is made using the melon mambo scallop dots ribbon. The bling is brought out using the red glimmer paper and dazzling details for the icing.


This version uses rose red for a card base with a layer of rose red DSP from the patterns pack. Another layer of rose red and some whisper white frame the cupcake image. This was my first "successful" attempt at ruffling the rose red seam binding ribbon. I had tried this method before and gave up in frustration but this time it worked right from the get go for me. I love the look of the ruffled ribbon and will be doing it a lot more. Once again our bling is done using the red glimmer paper and the dazzling details.

These cards will be going to Ty's teachers. He helped by punching out the cherry and the heart for each card. I think I'm done with Valentine projects now. My poor hubby will probably get one of my projects for his card this year. I'm sure he won't mind. ;)

Thanks for stopping by.

Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment to let me know you were here.