No, this post is not about weddings! I wanted to show you some of the projects I have been working on. It has been hard to get any stamping done as I have been busy doing yard work. Some days it's a real effort to drag myself down to my stamping space when it is so gorgeous outside. But the stamping must go on as I needed to replenish my card supply for upcoming sales. Here is a sympathy card that I had made ages ago and it is still one of my favourites:
I found my sample of this card and decided to make a few more for selling at the Market. The card base is soft suede with very vanilla used for the tag and butterflies. The soon to be retired medallion background stamp was inked with soft suede to give a tone on tone look. My favourite butterflies were made using the Big Shot and the beautiful wings embosslit. Whew - I'm so glad this embosslit is sticking around. Some basic pearls add some softness to the butterflies.
This is a card we had made in Club but I never posted a pic:
This is a z-fold card. It is very difficult to take a picture of this particular card so I just have a picture of it closed. Rich razzleberry was used for the card base and layered with some patterned paper from the Summer Smooches DSP that will be in the new catalogue. The whisper white layer is stamped with flowers from the Awash Flowers set that will also soon be retiring. As this is a two step stamp, the stem and flower base were stamped in basic black and the flowers were filled in with rich razzleberry ink. Old olive leaves filled in the stems. It is very hard to see in this picture but I used the En Francais background stamp in rich razzleberry. Some very tiny basic pearls in the top of the white layer add a nice touch. The layers and the card base were cut using the labels collection framelits. The card base was cut by making a fold in the front and only cutting on one side of the fold. A tricky technique but a very nice effect.
Finally, something new:
This petite purse die was available during the Summer Smooches promo and will be in the new catalogue. I used calypso coral card stock. Two purses can be made from one sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 card stock. This tiny little purse is so cute and can be made with card stock or DSP and embellished any way you want. I used a white gel pen to create the faux stitching. Tiny clear rhinestone brads (soon retiring) were used to attach the purse handle. The flower is punched from whisper white using the boho blossoms punch. The edges are sponged and distressed and rhinestone adds a little bling. I used this purse to give a friend a little something to thank her for her order.
I hope you enjoyed these projects. I'm off to work on some special order cards that could be quite cute if everything works out according to plan. Pictures will be posted if the project is a success! Thanks for stopping by.