Thursday, June 28, 2012

Grad 2012

Our local Grade 12 Graduation was last night.    I have seen some pictures posted on Facebook and wow - there are some stunning young ladies wearing absolutely gorgeous dresses.   My neighbour's second oldest daughter graduated this year.    They came over to take some pictures in our backyard and she looked so beautiful that it brought tears to my eyes.     I'm having enough trouble dealing with my son moving on to Grade 2 so I can't imagine what I'm going to be like when he actually graduates high school!  

One of my favourite customers requested a special order grad card for her daughter.   Thank goodness for My Digital Studio which came to my rescue again:

This hybrid card uses MDS for all of the printed portions.    I used parts of several different digital sets here.  The best things about MDS in my opinion are the options to size and colour your images.   The card base uses retired concord crush with a layer of  basic black and then the printed whisper white.   Another layer of concord crush is trimmed using the big shot and the Adorning Accents Edgelits.   This layer is then embossed with the coordinating Adorning Accents Folder.    The congrats daughter image is whisper white cut using an Apothecary Accent Framelit.   It's hard to see in the picture but the framelit is paper pierced using the new Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack that coordinates with many of our framelits and punches.   Love it!!   A grad cap was paper pieced, popped up with a dimensional and given a tassel of whisper white bakers twine.   Of course some bling needed to be included in this card so some punched stars (retired) and the grad cap received some basic rhinestones.

Here is another grad card I made as another option:

 This hybrid card also uses MDS and is given a different fold.   The colours are the same as the previous card.  A trim of basic black is added to the top flap by using the Big Shot and the Tasteful Trim die.   Black floral buttons from the neutrals pack and some punched flowers with rhinestones finish off the card.

These two cards were full size cards which makes it challenging to fill up so much more space.   Once again, thank goodness for My Digital Studio!

Thank you for stopping by.

Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment to let me know you were here.