Sunday, August 5, 2012

Creative Crew Challenge for August

August is my last month as a member of the Splitcoaststampers Creative Crew.    It has been a wonderful experience and I'm so glad I tried it.    This month's challenge was a focus on friendship.    

The first challenge was to create a card using the bright colours from the Summer Smooches DSP:

So I totally went overboard with colour on this card.    I made sure to incorporate ALL of the colours that are included in the Summer Smooches DSP.

SUPPLIES:

Card Stock:   real red, tempting turquoise, island indigo, daffodil delight, lucky limeade, rich razzleberry, whisper white, tangerine tango, Summer Smooches DSP
Stamps:  My Friend
Ink:   basic black
Accessories:   daffodil delight seam binding ribbon, vintage brads, scallop border punch, floral frames framelits, big shot

The next challenge was to focus on brads:

I continued with the summer smooches colours and used brads from the brights glimmer pack.

SUPPLIES:

Card stock:  rich razzleberry, lucky limeade, whisper white
Stamps:  Reason to Smile, My Friend
Ink:   basic black, rich razzleberry
Accessories:   Big Shot, layered labels framelits, fancy fan embossing folder, brights glimmer brads, rich razzleberry stitched ribbon

The holiday focus challenge was to create a flip-flop card for a friend:
Card front



Opened card
This is why I loved being on the Creative Crew!   It inspired me to try new things.   I had never tried the flip-flop technique before and now I love it!

SUPPLIES:

Card stock:   island indigo, whisper white, summer smooches DSP
Stamps:  Bright Blossoms, Word Play
Ink:   daffodil delight, old olive, island indigo, basic black
Accessories:   big shot, layered labels framelits, polka dot embossing folder, brights glimmer brads, small oval punch, daffodil delight stitched ribbon, linen thread

Even though I have finished my term as part of the Creative Crew, I will still continue to play along with the challenges.    It will definitely continue to be a learning experience.

Thank you for stopping by.

Pat
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment to let me know you were here.