Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Thankful for family and friends

There are tough times that really make you appreciate your family and friends. My husband recently had scheduled major surgery. The surgery went well, thank you God, and he is making a speedy recovery. In addition to worrying about my husband, I have a six year old son that I needed to consider as well. My wonderful niece and nephew stayed with me during a stressful time to help look after my son and they did an incredible job of distracting him from missing his Daddy too much. My wonderful sister-in-law sat with me through the hours of surgery and recovery. It was my belief that I wanted to be alone at this time but it turns out I really needed her there with me to comfort me and keep me company. Of course, even though I thanked them over and over again, I still needed to make some cards to express my gratitude:


This card is for my SIL and uses the My Friend stamp set. The card base is basic black and the layer is pacific point. Dazzling details works perfectly in the rain drops. The flowers are stamped tone on tone using pacific point on pacific point.


This is the card I made for my niece and nephew. This card uses the Language of Friendship stamp set and the bird builder punch. The card base is soft suede, the bird and flowers are stamped with soft suede on baja breeze and layered on a vanilla scallop circle cut with the Big Shot and the large scallop circle die. A layer of soft suede pattern DSP edged with baja breeze trimmed with the ribbon punch holds some baja breeze seam binding ribbon. The final touch was the ivy from the Vintage Vogue stamp set stamped with soft suede. The basic pearls add a nice soft touch to the flowers.

I need to get some more projects done soon, once my hubby is recovered a little more. Thanks for stopping by.

Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment to let me know you were here.