Saturday, April 21, 2012

April Club projects

Along with the retired stamp set list that I was whining about in my last post, I`m a little sad that our Occasions Mini will be done at the end of April.    I wanted to use the Mixed Bunch set one last time as this turned out to be my favourite stamp set in the mini.   I totally CASEd this card from Erica Cerwin:

I definitely like Erica`s version better than mine.   Check out Erica`s blog to see her prettier version.   I used naturals white for the card base and the layer.   The flowers are stamped with real red, tempting turquoise and pretty in pink inks.   The edges of the naturals white layer are distressed using the cutter kit and then sponged with soft suede.   The sentiment comes from a retired SAB set called Whimsical Words.    Any good sentiment sets usually find a long term home with me as they always come in handy for making a special card.  The sentiment was stamped on whisper white and sponged with soft suede.    My club ladies did a fabulous job of recreating this card and everyone loved the itty bitty buttons and the rhinestones.

This is a mother`s day card using the faux mother of pearl technique.   The card base is rose red and a layer of glossy white was cut with the Big Shot and the top note die.    Splotches of frost white shimmer paint are applied to the glossy white using scrunched up saran wrap.   The image is from the set Just Believe stamped in rose red and accented with baja blue butterflies cut using the beautiful wings embosslit.   Pretty baja breeze pleated ribbon sets the background for the sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes.

   This card may look a little familiar.   My plan had been to have my Club ladies do the Easter card I had posted earlier but I had to cancel Club that week.   The card then needed to be tweeked a little as Easter had passed by the time we met again.    This card uses naturals white cut with the Big Shot and the scallop circle die.   The inner circle was cut from crumb cake with the 2.5 circle die and embossed with the polka dot embossing folder.  The edges of the card base, the circle layer and the polka dots are sponged with crumb cake to make everything pop.   Pretty flowers and a lovely bird from Language of Friendship are stamped on baja breeze with basic black ink and punched out with the bird builder and boho blossoms punch.   The branch was stamped on pear pizzazz.   Some of the ladies had pear pizzazz and baja blue wings and branches and it looked really great.   I love how they use their own imagination to come up with their own version of what I present.    The flowers were punched twice and layered to give a fuller look.   A little distressing of the flower petals makes them look more realistic and a pretty pearl adds a final touch.   My friend was stamped on whisper white with basic black.

Now I need to concentrate on getting projects prepared for the Creative Crew Challenges on Splitcoast which is due May 1st.   This will be my first projects for the Creative Crew after being selected for the May - August term.   I also need to finish my projects for the Stylin`Stampin`Blog Hop which will be posted on May 3rd.    Make sure to check back to see what I`ve been up to.

Thanks for stopping by.

Pat

1 comment:

  1. Wow these are all lovely Pat great work well done Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment to let me know you were here.