Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween/Happy Birthday!

It's finally here ... the day my son has been waiting for FOREVER!!    Once the excitement of Halloween is over, he will be pestering us to put up the Christmas decorations and the count down will begin again.    The Christmas wish list was started weeks ago and is based on whatever happens to be in an awesome tv commercial.    Santa is going to have his work cut out for him this year.  

Enough about Christmas ... let's celebrate Halloween.    Creating Halloween projects is one of my favourite crafts so I'm sad this will be my last one this year.    A friend of ours also happens to be the EA in my son's class this year.    She had mentioned to my son earlier this month that she would like a Halloween craft from me.    As the month flew by and I was behind as usual, I didn't get one done for her.   As luck would have it,  her birthday is also on Halloween so I created this Halloween/birthday card for her hoping it would suffice as a Halloween craft:


Happy Birthday Carol!!

I love punch art pumpkins and the sponging makes such a difference.   My little peek-a-boo ghost is punched out with the owl punch and has googly eyes.   The fence is actually cut using the rosette die.   Pretty handy!!

SUPPLIES:

Paper:    basic grey, basic black, whisper white, pumpkin pie, old olive
Ink:   basic black, pumpkin pie
Stamps:   Googly Ghouls
Accessories:   big shot, spider web embossing folder, rosette die, apothecary accents framelits, bird builder punch (leaves), owl punch, circle punch, oval punch, googly eyes, basic rhinestones

I just wanted to mention that due to the Halloween celebrations, our Stylin' Stampin' Squad Blog Hop has been postponed until next Thursday, November 8th.    Make sure to stop by to see what the Squad has put together for your hopping pleasure.   

Thank you for stopping by.

Pat



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment to let me know you were here.