Friday, November 2, 2012

Christmas Ornament

Many of you have seen the beautiful ornament that graces our holiday catalogue cover.     Like many who admired the ornament, I decided I wanted to make it.    Then I found the instructions and shook my head, saying hmmmm no way!    Stampin' Up! has used the Ornament Keepsakes set and coordinating framelits to create this beauty.  The fact that each completed ornament requires 40 separate ornaments stamped and cut with the framelits had me quickly changing my mind.   But then I thought I better at least give it a try and am I ever glad I did!!

Here is my finished ornament (slightly different from the catty cover):
I was so thankful to come across an awesome tutorial for making this.   Dani Dziama posted such an easy to follow tutorial on her blog, complete with many step-by-step pictures, that it was incredibly easy to put this all together.   Please check out her blog here and give her many thanks for being so thorough and concise.      Thank you Dani!

Now I will admit that the stamping and cutting of these ornaments is the most time consuming and tedious part.    It would work well if you could have your strips cut so that you can run two different ornament framelits through the big shot at the same time.    I had suggested this to some of my customers but forgot to do it myself!   One of my ladies found it easier to cut the ornaments and then stamp them.   Try it either way and do what works best for you.   It would also be easier to just cut your favourite DSP with the ornament framelits instead of stamping.   I used real red ink for the ornaments and real red card stock for the rosette but will definitely use cherry cobbler if I do this again.   I now have the new cherry cobbler ink pad and will be able to get a nice crisp image of my ornament and then I will match the tulle better.   Have I ever mentioned how these new ink pads are all that??   They stamp soooo beautifully.   The tulle is also so pretty and easy to work with.   I would definitely recommend giving this ornament a try.   Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions!

SUPPLIES:

Paper:   very vanilla, real red
Ink:   old olive, real red
Stamps:   Ornament Keepsakes
Accessories:   big shot, holiday ornaments framelits, scoreboard, tulle, lucky limeade bakers twine, vintage faceted buttons, large basic pearls, lots and lots of adhesive - tombo multi and hot glue. 

Thank you for stopping by.

Pat







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment to let me know you were here.