Sunday, August 22, 2010

Didn't blow away!!



Well, I survived another windy Saturday at the local Farmer's Market. I am very grateful that it wasn't raining in addition to being windy. Despite the weather, it was another great day and I met some really nice people who I hope will be interested in joining the new Stamp Club starting in the fall. These are two of the projects I had prepared for the Market. Both the card and the dry erase board used stamps from the Artistic Etchings stamp set. The dry erase board was also altered using the Newsprint Designer Series Paper, some nice chunky glitter on the chipboard and a special technique on the pictures. The stamped images was covered in glassy glaze enamel and heated with the heat gun. This step was repeated two more times and then the images were placed in the freezer to set the glaze. Once the images had cooled, I carefully cracked them and sponged with more ink to give an aged look. This is called the cracked glass technique. Vintage is really in these days and I happen to be loving it. What really tickled me about the dry erase board project was the reference to the City of Paris on the Newsprint DSP that went so well with my stamped image. I find joy in the simplest things!!!

Well, it is getting to be that time of year - school starts, the leaves start to change color and the temperature gets a little cooler. Stay tuned for some projects relating to this changing season. I really want to do a scrapbook layout for my son's first day of school. I will also be preparing and posting the projects I intend to offer in my Mommy & Me Trick or Treat Class. Take care.

Pat

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment to let me know you were here.